November 11, 2011 in United States
I recently read this article online. It summarizes many of the issues we have discussed on this website so I decided to reprint it. I was unable to find the source so I apologize for not providing that. If you know the source, please send me an email and I’ll edit the article.
I want change. However, the more things “change” the more they stay the same. If we are to survive, we must experience a real, authentic, PERMANENT change, starting with the individual, whose thoughts, words, and deeds reflect into society and change all of humanity. Societal change will not happen before individuals change INTERNALLY. Professions of, “I believe, I am born again, or I am Saved” do nothing.
- We must shatter the Left/Right paradigm by dispelling any doubt that the Democrats and Republicans are one party that has successfully played the good cop/bad cop routine on America for years. One party runs as far towards tyranny as the people will allow, only to “hand the baton off” at each election so the other party may continue to run.
- We must shatter the paradigm that the Constitution is relevant. The President can unilaterally target a US citizen for assassination with no judicial review, no legislative oversight, and no administrative appeal to 5th and 14th Amendment Protections.
- We must shatter the paradigm that we have a functional court-justice-legal system.
- We must shatter the paradigm that the “Republic” can be saved-salvaged-restored. There never was a republic, so there’s nothing to save, nor is it ours to save. In fact, no private person has a right to complain by suit in court on the ground of a breach of the Constitution. The Constitution, it is true, is a compact, but a private person is not a party to it. The States are the parties to it. And they may complain. If they do, they are entitled to redress.
- We must shatter the notion that we have or have ever had a government in this country. The UNITED STATES CODE legal definition of the UNITED STATES is “A Federal Corporation.”
- We must shatter the paradigm that if we can just get rid of the bad guy, even if we have to use violence, everything is going to be good. One just becomes the polar opposite of what they resist to the degree they resist. Being consumed with hatred and using violence against someone trying to take your freedom is the mirror of that someone using violence to impose themselves upon you. They seek to impose the state upon you, while you seek to impose your right of self-determination, autonomy, sovereignty, and freewill upon them. There’s no victory in opposition, only in synthesis, and overcoming illusory duality.
Darkness is not dissolved with blows or with atheism, but rather by bringing about the light. Neither is error dissolved by fighting it face to face, but rather by disseminating the truth without having to attack the error. However far the truth advances, in that same measure error will have to retreat. One does not have to resist what is negative, but instead one has to unconditionally practice the positive and teach its advantages by practicing. By attacking the error, we will provoke the hatred of those who err.
All the political changes are useless if we have not comprehended our internal poverty. The political system can change again and again, the social systems can be altered again and again, but if we have not comprehended profoundly the inner nature of our internal poverty, the individual will always create new means and ways to attain personal satisfaction at the expense of others’ peace.
Feel free to leave your comments below.